- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 90g (3 oz) Jensen's whey butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, and 2 tbsp of the mustard. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Add the butter pieces.
- Use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it looks crumbly and there are no visible bits of butter.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the flour-butter mixture. Stir with a spoon until just roughly combined then add the grated Gruyère cheese.
- Use your hands to form a ball of dough, gently pressing and pushing the mixture together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board on the counter.
- Press the dough into two circles.
- Use a sharp knife or pastry cutter to cut the dough into 8 triangle shaped scones.
- Transfer the scones to the prepared baking sheets.
- Brush the tops with the remaining tablespoon of mustard.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.