Chicken With Gorgonzola & Walnuts
Chicken with Gorgonzola
- 1/3 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Jensen's Whey Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 lb (115g) Gorgonzola cheese, rind removed and cut into very thin slices
- In a wide, shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- If the chicken is more than 1/4" thick, place the cutlets between 2 pieced of plastic wrap and gently pound to the right thickness.
- Dip the chicken cutlets into the flour mixture, lightly coating both sides.
- Shake to remove any excess flour, discard the remaining flour.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil.
- Add the chicken to fit in a single layer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Turn the cutlets over and cook about 3 more minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining cutlets as needed.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the walnuts in a non-stick skillet and toast for 1 to 2 minutes over medium-low heat, shaking occasionally. Set aside.
- Add the shallots to the skillet used for the chicken.
- Cook for 1minute over medium heat.
- Add the wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the skillet, stirring to combine.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
- Return the chicken cutlets to the skillet and turn the over once or twice until they are well coated with the sauce.
- Place thin slices of Gorgonzola on top of each cutlet.
- Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese has slightly melted.
- Sprinkle with the toasted walnuts before serving.