Cheddar and Onion Puffs
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup butter, cut into 4 pieces
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups Very Old or Extra Old Cheddar
- 2/3 cup green onions, minced
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and mix in the flour.
- Stir over medium heat until the mixture becomes slightly shiny and pulls away from the sides of the saucepan, (approximately 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the eggs one at a time, mixing with an electric mixer using the paddle attachment for mixing dough. Once the mixture resembles a sticky dough, add the cheese and green onions.
- Using a spoon, drop dough onto the baking sheets to form 1¼" to 1½" ovals. Make sure to leave 1" between each ball of dough.
- Bake until golden-brown, about 30 minutes.