Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Vegetable oil spray
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- ¼ cups up plus 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup low-fat or non-fat buttermilk
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, all visible fat removed
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet and a slightly smaller cooling rack with the vegetable oil spray. Put the rack on the baking sheet, set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, process the bread into fine crumbs then pour into a shallow bowl.
- Add the Parmesan, parsley, paprika, garlic powder and thyme; stir well.
- Pour the buttermilk into a shallow bowl.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Dip the chicken into the buttermilk, shake off the excess liquid, then cover with the bread crumb mixture, shaking off any excess crumbs.
- Place the chicken onto the rack and spray each breast with the vegetable oil spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, turn the chicken and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle the chicken with some more grated Parmesan and serve with pasta and tomato sauce.