Apple Cheddar Scones
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup whey butter, cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup Extra Old Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup apples, diced and peeled
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in the whey butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the buttermilk, stir until just moistened. Gently fold in the cheese and apples.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead 10 times.
- Pat the dough into a 9” circle and cut into 8 wedges. Separate the wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.