Apple & Cheddar Corn Muffins
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2oz cornmeal, uncooked
- 1 tbsp double-acting baking powder
- 3/4 lb apples, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 2 1/4oz Jensen's 19% Low-Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 6 tbsp corn oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and prepare muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, and baking powder. Add apples, corn, cheddar, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, beat oil and eggs. Stir into the flour mixture.
- Fill each baking cup with an equal amount of batter.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out dry.
- Set pan on a wire rack and let cool completely.